RECRUITMENT, EXPANSION & RETENTION - JOBS/INVESTMENT
"Cobb has a unique set of assets for Economic Development, but they are a well-kept secret."
1. Best Overall Education System In Georgia
* KSU (third largest pubic university in Georgia with almost 25,000 students, growing to 35,000 in the near future).
* Chattahoochee Technical College (largest tech school in Georgia with 13,000 students).
* Southern Polytechnic State University (one of the best engineering schools in Georgia with 5,500 students).
* Life University (largest chiropractic school in the world).
* Georgia Highlands College, University of Phoenix, etc. (non-traditional colleges).
* Cobb and Marietta K-12 public school systems (125,000 students), producing some of the most recognized schools (SAT, scores, etc.)
in the State of Georgia and the nation.
* A network of excellent private schools (i.e., The Walker School, etc.).
2. Best Health Care Systems In Georgia
* Wellstar is the largest integrated health care system in Georgia (World Class Std), with one of the largest open heart programs in the Southeast,
the business emergency room in the state, etc.
* Best mental hospital in the state, Ridgeview.
* Emory Adventist Hospital, a mid-size facility with an excellent reputation.
* Kaiser Permanente, one of the most prominent health care services in the nation.
* The largest doctors' network/private practices in Georgia.
3. Easily Accessible By All Means Of Travel & Shipping
* I-75, I-285, and I-20
* Significant rail spur presence in Austell.
* 20 minutes from the busiest airport in the world.
* Home of the best local airport in Georgia, McCollum Field (longest general aviation runway in Georgia and, at times, the state's third
busiest general aviation facitily).
4. Most Comprehensive Arts, Entertainment & Tourisms Venues In Georgia
* Six Flags Over Georgia, Silver Comet Trail, Southern Museum Of Locomotive History, one of the largest National Parks properties
in George (Kennesaw Battle Ground/Civil War), etc.
* The Cobb Galleria Centre, most accessible, highest quality large meeting space (with ease of access) in the metro Atlanta area
for conventions, meetings, etc.
* Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre (31st in the world - home of the Atlanta Ballet and Atlanta Opera).
* Strand Theater, Theatre in the Square (second largest in Georgia, behind the Alliance).
5. Other Quality of Life Components
* Lowest property taxes in metro Atlanta, by a wide margin (9.6 vs. 22.2 vs. 16.86 vs. 13.35).
* One of the lowest crime rates in the metro Atlanta region (Public Safety in general).
* Terrific shopping (two large Malls), housing options/CC, faith based options, etc.
* Ample green space, parks, ball fields, youth program (East Cobb Baseball).
* Senior citizen friendly - housing, exempt from the school component of property, etc.
6. Pro-Business Environment
* The most educated workforce in Georgia located in ...
* The best County in Georgia (one of only 37 of 3,049 counties in our nation with AAA bond ratings by the 3rd largest bond rating agencies
and it has done so 13 years in a row!)
* Home of Corporate Giants: The Home Depot, GE Energy, Genuine Parts, Weather Channel, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
Source: Cobb Chamber Of Commerce, January 2011
© 2001-2017 Reliance Network and RE/MAX of Georgia.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.